FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Quoting the words of NF who's got to be my favorite/greatest rapper of all time from his song The Search

The point I'm makin' is the mind is a powerful place
And what you feed it can affect you in a powerful way... 
.......Just think about it for a second, if you look at your face
Every day when you get up and think you'll never be great
You'll never be great, not because you're not, but the hate
Will always find a way to cut you up and murder your faith

I'm sure you can already see what I want to take out of that verse," the mind is a powerful place and what you feed it can affect you in a powerful way"  how true do you find that statement?, I've tested that statement several times with the books I read( at this junction, let me mention that I don't mean motivational books) and movies, I read a book where the heroine is sassy, and for like a week I'm sassy, if I read that the heroine is a bad bitch, I'd be a bad bitch for like a week straight till I find a new book and character to emulate. Just like how external factors affect you, how you think, also affect you.
     There was a time, I was depressed, it took a friend telling me before I realized it by then I was so deep into it, it was already a habit and I didn't know how to break out of it, by then I had lost friends and relationships, I was so antisocial that people actively avoided me and then I read this book Attitude is Everything by Keith Harrell and I realized that it's my mindset, the things I tell myself, the way I think, the emotions I feel, they reflect in my person like on the outside like a cloud( don't ask me why I didn't think of it like that, sometimes knowing something is different from believing it or understanding it). sometimes you wonder a lot of things, why isn't this working for me, why does it seem like everybody's running away from me, it could be because of what you're reflecting on the outside. For me I didn't even know I was depressed until someone pointed it out and then I started feeding myself positivity to flush out the depression( not as easy as that though).
        Just like the words of NF, "everyday when you get up and think you'll never be great, you'll never be great, not because you're not but the hate will always find a way to cut you up and murder your faith". I was watching a show on Netflix about the human body, and somehow the topic of insecurities came up and then the host, a woman, talked about a sure method to overcoming insecurities, she called it the mirror test, when you make up each morning, or whenever you're free, go to the mirror naked and while staring at your reflection, list all the things you love about yourself no matter how minute it is, eventually with time, you'll begin to see yourself in a new light and those things you saw as insecurities, you'll learn to love them as they are. Now this method doesn't only work for insecurities, it can also be applied to other parts and forms of life, the billionaire mindset, is picturing yourself there and working towards it, then there's this other slang, fake it till you make it, my point is the more you feed yourself positivity, the more positive results you get. It doesn't have to be until you give yourself a pep talk, it could be just as small as doing something and telling yourself "insert name here, you did good and I'm proud of you. I say this a lot, it's all about the little things, when you gather the little things, you'll realize that you have a lot, little encouragement from yourself, little reward from yourself, goes a long way in helping you withstand tough times, cos you've developed your mindset be resilient, you've developed your mindset to be kind to yourself, to understand that there's light at the end of each tunnel and there's a reward waiting for you. Another example is the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad by  Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter, (haven't finished this one though) it was all about the mindset of the two dads 
     Now before i bore you, I hope with these few points of mine, I've been able to convince and not confuse you that just like you feed yourself good food, you need to feed your mind good things, you reflect what you feed yourself and even if you cant see it yourself, others are always watching you. By the way, you can check out those books I mentioned earlier, they help build a positive mindset, i especially love the first one Attitude is everything by Keith Harrell it was delicious, was like feeding my mind ice cream( I'm a sucker for ice cream by the way, yay ice cream, now all this mention of ice cream is making me crave ice cream and right now, its not in my national budget, oh well), anyway in all things, find the positive side of it and hold on to it. love you guys😘


                                                                                                                                         ðŸ’“prinny

Comments

Popular Posts